Saturday, February 21, 2015

Breedings for 2016 Foals

I know!  I just wrote that I wasn't going to post our breeding picks this year.  Well, as it turns out, I've had two more inquiries on 2016 babies, so that's three of next year's foals that are potentially already spoken for, in addition to three from this year already spoken for.  If people are planning that far in advance, and we're in the business of selling babies, then it makes sense that I talk about our breeding picks.  As always, we happily accept terms on our foal sales, so if there's a potential cross you're interested in from this year's crop or next, give me a shout. Unless it's a "designer baby", I do reserve the right to keep a foal that I just can't part with--that's why I don't take deposits. You can see all of our mares on our mares' page:  http://shootingstarfarm.com/mares.html

2015 Crosses on the Way:

UB-40 x Vincent x El Corona
Governor x Samber x Lector (first option taken)
UB-40 x Freestyle x Jazz
Governor x Contango x Elcaro
UB-40 x Sir Sinclair x Jazz (first option taken)
Fairytale x Donatelli x Jazz (first option taken)
Eye Catcher x Bon Bravour x Santano (not for sale)

2016 Plans:

UB-40 x Elcaro x Belisar
Alexandro P x Vincent x El Corona
Governor x Samber x Lector
Fairytale x Jazz x Roemer
******** x Freestyle x Jazz (first option potentially taken/"Designer" baby)
Apache x Contango x Elcaro
UB-40 x Sir Sinclair x Jazz
Fairytale x Donatelli x Jazz (first option taken)
Chagall x UB-40 x Pass the Glass xx (first option taken)
Grey Flanell x Bon Bravour x Santano
"Tolman Experiment" x Totilas x Jazz
Chagall x Charmeur x Santano

In the frozen semen situations, I only try once or twice, depending on how late in the year it is, then I switch to fresh cooled.  UB-40 and Gaspard De La Nuit DG are my choices for fresh cooled stallions this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign all posts. No aliases nor anonymous comments.