Friday, June 7, 2013

Breeding Update

I was so hoping for an easy breeding year this year...it's not to be. Good news, Orchis is pregnant to Everdale. Bad news, three doses of Santano and one dose of Chagall result in no pregnancies. This is my fifth dose of Chagall, over two years, with three different mares, and no pregnancies. I still have five doses, but I'm hesitant to waste my time or another cycle. The stallion owner reports that people in England and Germany are having no trouble with the frozen, so it must be me. Who knows, I got three pregnancies with three doses of Totilas, frozen at the same stallion station. At any rate, all my mares are getting one chance with frozen then switching to fresh-cooled. Thank goodness for Iron Spring Farm. Werites (Freestyle x Jazz) went to Sir Sinclair last week, and Eliscia (UB-40 x Pass the Glass xx) to Florianus. I bred D'Orites (Donatelli x Jazz) with a second dose of Santano because I think I screwed up the timing on the first breeding. She's off at Roddy Strang's for a month or more, so I won't be able to check her until she gets back. This coming week, I'm breeding Mistral (Vincent x El Corona) and LaVita (Elcaro x Belisar)--both will get one shot with frozen, but I probably won't know until I open the tank to thaw the semen to whom. Tank inventory: one dose Lyjanero, a few doses of Donatelli, one dose Wynton, five doses Chagall, one dose Santano, one dose Voyager, one dose Everdale. I am not buying any more frozen this year. Maybe if I say it again I'll be more convinced. I am not buying any more frozen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign all posts. No aliases nor anonymous comments.