Thursday, September 26, 2013

Specifics from the Offspring Inspections

Since a few people have already contacted me for more information about specific stallions, I'm going to post my notes on the dressage stallions...without a commentary, however. These are purely my observations, and I made the notes before listening to the jury's comments. In some cases, we agree--in others, we do not.

Connaisseur (Con Amore x Donnerhall):

Nice conformation. Really nice type. Quite out-behind in movement. Need more power. Flat front leg. Supple. Nice hunter foals.

Hofrat (Gribaldi x Guter Planet):

Spectacular types. Really lift in the movement. Need quicker hind leg and more knee. Fluid, easy movers.

Dark Pleasure (Ufo x Jazz):

Big and leggy. Consistently good hind leg. Some a little giraffe-like in neck. Drop off behind the withers a bit. Super big and scopey movement. Elastic. A couple smaller, blockier foals.


Etoile (Don Schufro x Rubinstein I):

Not so good. Backs sink. Not enough lift in the canter. They adjust well. Foals not as good as their mothers.

Davino VOD (Hotline x Michelangelo:

Incredible foals.

Estoril (Zhivago x Gribaldi):

Dip in loin. Can REALLY move. Really uniform group.

Everdale (Lord Leatherdale x Negro):

Fabulous dressage movers. Type can vary. Best foal of the day out of the Farmer dam.

Desperado (Vivaldi x Havidoff):

Very uphill. Beautiful types. Super movers. Somehow not my favorite foals, though.

El Capone (UB-40 x Contango):

Consistent enough. Nice, but not special. Good movers. Could be a little longer-llined. One really special filly.

Eye Catcher (Vivaldi x TCN Partout)

Good movers and types. Not as leggy as the Desperados, but better dressage movement. Really adjustable.

So, there you go. For what it's worth.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Scot. I always value your opinion. Sonia Bowden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. If you have notes on jumpers, would love to hear that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Tracy-

      I didn't take notes on the jumpers. I watched them all, and definitely had my favorites, but I don't have any notes. One interesting point, however--the Etoulon colt that was champion of all Holland was also champion of the offspring inspection, but he shouldn't have been. The filly that took reserve was the better foal, and a number of people thought so. I'm pretty sure the only reason the Etoulon placed first is that he was champion a couple weeks earlier. Of course, now I can't remember who the filly is by...but she is really special. The Etoulons were all really nice. Super types, elegant, long-lined foals, but they could have had more power for my taste.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign all posts. No aliases nor anonymous comments.