Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Human Sausage and Another Pregnancy

Mistral is pregnant to UB-40! We're excited about this. Mistral (Vincent x El Corona) was Reserve Champion mare at the UTV as a three year old, she produced a Welt Hit son who was selected for den Bosch, she produced the licensed son, Thatcher, and the top ten star mare V-Eight, then had no foals for ten years. We did a lease-to-purchase on the condition that we could get her pregnant and get a live foal. Well, we have a spectacular Don Tango B colt and now a UB-40 embryo that must be a filly, because things are going according to plan. Fingers crossed for a healthy baby. (new paragraph) As I think I mentioned in my last entry, I'm riding my first IBOP at the New England Keuring. Believe it or not, I'm not nervous about the riding part; I'm nervous about the clothing part. My body in white breeches and a tight show coat is not necessarily the most charming of sights. Jane and Sibley Hannigan were kind enought to give me a show coat. When I first put it on, I couldn't even button it, but it was close. A couple weeks ago, I could button it, but the stress on the coat and on my abdomen were equally Vesuvian. Today, I can uncomfortably, but safely, button the coat. I'm hoping by Sept. 4th I can button the coat without looking like a human sausage stuffed in a formal casing. Just in case, I have an appointment with a seamstress next Tuesday...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the Keuring. Please post your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign all posts. No aliases nor anonymous comments.